Wolfe Eye Clinic Ankeny
Wolfe Eye Clinic has expanded to Ankeny and provides comprehensive medical and surgical eye care services close to home. Our team of ophthalmologists utilizes the latest technologies and eye care treatments to provide a higher standard of excellence for our patients. Located on the second floor of the MercyOne building on East 1st Street, Wolfe Eye Clinic is convenient for all patients in need of eye care services in the Ankeny community. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today at (833) 474-5850, we look forward to seeing you!
Eye Care Services Available At Wolfe Eye Clinic Ankeny
Our Ankeny clinic provides a wide array of eye care services in the following areas:
- Cataract: Cataracts cause cloudiness in the lens of your eye, making your vision blurry and even less colorful over time. Cataracts can be monitored over time by your local eye doctor and when they become bothersome you will likely need to visit Wolfe Eye Clinic for a cataract evaluation by our cataract surgeons.
- Corneal disease: The cornea is the outermost layer of the eye and is responsible for the majority of our eye’s focus ability. Some corneal disease conditions run in families, but it is important to have routine eye exams and reach out to a cornea specialist if you have concerns.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma includes a group of conditions, all of which damage the optic nerve. It is a leading cause of blindness for older individuals but can occur at any age. Having a yearly dilated eye exam is important if glaucoma conditions run in your family history, or if you have concerns.
- LASIK: Wolfe Eye Clinic Ankeny offers free LASIK consultations so you can easily find out if you are a candidate for laser vision correction, or another refractive surgery. Our LASIK specialists in Ankeny are specialized in LASIK treatments and encourage you to explore options for your best vision potential without the use of contacts or glasses at Wolfe Eye Clinic. Call (833) 532-8809 to schedule a free LASIK consultation or if fill out our form here. If you have any questions regarding LASIK, our coordinators are here for you every step of the way.
- Oculofacial Plastic Surgery: Wolfe Eye Clinic’s oculoplastic surgeons treat anything from eyelid malposition to aging changes and tumors that affect the eyelids and critical surrounding tissues. Home to two of only six fellowship trained oculofacial surgeons in the state, we are proud to offer advanced care for our patients who need eyelid surgery, facial reconstruction, lacrimal surgery or another cosmetic surgery or injection services, such as Botox.
- Pediatric Eye Care: There are many common eye problems in children such as infection, injury, disorders such as amblyopia, or “lazy eye”, strabismus (eye misalignment), or vision problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism. No matter the eye problem that your child is facing, our pediatric eye care specialists in Ankeny are here to help.
- Retina Disease and Surgery: A healthy retina is necessary for good vision. Our retina surgeons in Ankeny offer multiple treatment options for your condition including the most advanced treatment options in intravitreal injections and retina surgery.
Our Office Welcomes Optometrist Referrals
Our Ankeny eye specialists are ophthalmologists who have completed additional advanced fellowship training in a specific area of eye care expertise. This specialty training allows them to work best on various conditions of the eyes and to partner with the many Ankeny optometrists in the care of their patients. If your local eye doctor feels you have a condition in need of medical care, they can offer a referral, or you can give us a call and let us know who your doctor is and we’re happy to help. Wolfe Eye Clinic has earned the respect and trust from outside optometrists through many years of experience and the quality patient care that is provided by our eye doctors and staff at each visit.
Schedule Your Next Eye Appointment in Ankeny
At Wolfe Eye Clinic, we take pride in serving the eye care needs of Iowans across the state. Our doctors and staff strive to maintain personal and professional relationships with our patients while being committed to providing the best quality of vision to each individual.
Request an Appointment