Why Choose Wolfe for LASIK
LASIK surgery is a significant medical procedure, yet there are many facilities that offer LASIK throughout the state – so why choose Wolfe for LASIK? In a word, experience.
We have more LASIK experience than any provider in Iowa.
In fact, more Iowans trust their eyes to Wolfe Eye Clinic than any other LASIK provider in the state, which is not surprising, considering:
- We’ve been performing refractive surgery for 32 years (1984) and we’ve performed over 45,000 LASIK procedures in Iowa- more than any other group in the state.
- We were the first clinic in Iowa to perform LASIK (1994), and even took part in the FDA trials for the excimer laser.
- We were the first clinic in Iowa to offer blade-free, laser created flap technology, offering greater control in flap creation for a more precise procedure (2002). A laser created flap reduces most flap complications. Many providers in Iowa still do not have or use this technology exclusively today.
- We were the first clinic in Iowa to obtain the Wavelight EX500 Excimer Laser. Advantages of the EX500 laser include :
- Widest treatment approval range ever granted to a laser (treatment of nearsightedness up to -12D with astigmatism up to -6D and farsightedness up to +6D with astigmatism up to +5D)
- Total retreatment/enhancement rate of under 5%
- We have fellowship trained surgeons performing LASIK surgery. This means they performed a fellowship training in addition to the standard required years of schooling needed to practice as a doctor of ophthalmology.
- Our surgeons have published data in the literature on LASIK and have trained and spoken to other surgeons nationally and internationally in the subject of LASIK.
- We are Iowans, we live here. We are available to see you for a LASIK evaluation in our main offices throughout Iowa including West Des Moines, Ames, Marshalltown, Fort Dodge, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Waterloo or Cedar Falls. We also own two LASIK surgery suites- one in West Des Moines and one in Cedar Rapids. This means the surgical equipment used for your LASIK surgery is owned, regulated and maintained by us. This is not generally the case, and in fact some surgeons rent their equipment and have it delivered on a truck to their office once a month to perform surgery.
Meet With Your Surgeon
Also, national LASIK chains do not have a surgeon in their office every day. In fact, the surgeon usually does not even live in Iowa and flies in a couple days a month to perform surgery and then flies home again that night. This means that the surgeon is not present at your pre-surgical evaluation appointment when your surgical data is being obtained and reviewed. At this appointment, you are also unable to discuss your surgery with the surgeon and ask any questions you may have. In the hours and days after your procedure, a national chain LASIK surgeon again may not be available for possible treatment or questions.
At Wolfe Eye Clinic you will meet with your LASIK surgeon at your evaluation appointment. They will review your specific data, perform the surgery and they and/or your local Optometrist sees you for follow up care. Our surgeons are available to you any time day or night.
- We always recommend and provide the best treatment for you. We will not offer you a “menu” of treatment choices at various price ranges or a procedure utilizing equipment and supplies that are lower cost to us. After your surgical data is obtained and reviewed, we will identify the procedure that we believe will offer you the most accurate results. We will not settle for anything less than the best for you.
- We have a long history and are rooted in your community. We’ve been serving Iowan’s across the state for over 95 years and we will be around to continue to serve Iowan’s for years to come.
- We are not just LASIK surgeons. We have highly trained ophthalmologists on staff to manage all your medical eye care needs, including: cornea, retina, glaucoma, cataract, oculoplastics and pediatric eye care.
Wolfe Eye Clinic has an experienced team of LASIK surgeons. Wolfe Eye Clinic offers complete LASIK surgery services throughout Iowa, including Ames, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Fort Dodge, Iowa City, Marshalltown and Waterloo.
Please contact Wolfe Eye Clinic’s LASIK Coordinator at 1-800-237-5393 to ask any LASIK-related questions or to schedule an appointment to meet one of our LASIK surgeons: Dr. James Davison, Dr. Louis Scallon, Dr. Steven Johnson, Dr. Todd Gothard, Dr. Benjamin Mason, Dr. Matthew Rauen.